Human: But they report to the same boss. How can there be a disconnect?
The enlightened: Woof! Good question again!
What are the top 3 or four Sales metrics?
Apart from reaching quota every quarter, the Salesperson is measured on New Accounts (logos), the total number of deals closed (vs total funnel), renewals & retentions (upsell), and profitability of deals.
What are the top 3 or four Marketing metrics?
Leads quality and quantity, Overall pipeline value and growth, No of programs or initiatives launched, communication metrics, and brand awareness.
Do you see the point?
No prizes for guessing why they sit at either end of the office floor.
Human: So what do you suggest?
The enlightened: I would give you five points to 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝.
1. Clear definition of the target “customer persona” ( also call out whom you will NOT target)
2. Jointly define the Customer journey ( not get hung up on the sales process)
3. Develop a single plan – with a shared set of KRAs with overlaps ( have a single view of the revenue funnel)
4. Leverage technology and define processes ( both sales and marketing have a single view of the data)
5. Encourage frequent joint review, revenue cadence calls ( not separate sales and marketing discussions)
Human: OK Thank You.
How do I take this further? How do I implement this?
The enlightened: I can ask my team to help you. You can drop in your details to email@example.com . The website details are mentioned in the first comment below.
Bye for now.
#marketing #brand #sales #digitalmarketing #branding #stratergy #growth #team #communication #customerexperience #b2b #pipeline #marketingstrategy #comment #salesenablement #salescoaching #salestips